Wednesday 20 January 2016

Hope you are keeping up with this Cannock Taxi saga?

Flora needs your help to search for the truth


Having returned home, I contacted Guide Dogs for advice and subsequently the local council, Cannock Chase, who licence the taxis on the rank. I then had a number of contacts and meetings with the licensing officers and received indications that they were not happy with the first driver’s effective refusal to carry me with their guide dog. I made statements at their request and I understand that the second driver also made a statement supporting me. I was informed that the first driver, who was denying any knowledge of the incident, was being taken to court by the Council and I was notified of an initial court date. However, the Council then seemed to change their mind and decided not to pursue this. I am told that this decision was taken on legal advice because a successful conviction was not guaranteed and because the Council had not taken a case like this to Court before. 

TO BE CONTINUED!

No comments:

Post a Comment