Thursday 21 January 2016

Poor Service from Cannock Taxis for Guide Dog owner Carol

Carol and Flora will not take a Taxi
off Cannock Taxi rank again


AND FINALLY

As a consequence, I have not taken a taxi from Cannock taxi rank since as I now feel vulnerable, in case I were to encounter that same driver and I can have no confidence that the Local Authority would act to protect me as the message they appear to have given to taxi drivers is that they can refuse guide dog owners with impunity. Had it been late at night with no other alternative taxi there then I would have been placed in great difficulty.
I do not know whether other guide dog owners have been refused a taxi in this area. I do know that nationally most people who are refused apparently do not report because of having no confidence that action will be taken. There have however been a few successful convictions in cases similar to mine, even where there was no independent witness.


I would be interested in hearing the experience of other guide dog owners and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment