Wednesday 23 December 2015

Here are just a few reasons why I remain involved with St John Ambulance along with my guide dog Flora


Carol with Tess Daly for Volunteer of the Year, SJA


Since joining St John Ambulance in 1968 as a Cadet, I have provided hundreds of hours of first aid cover enter first aid and nursing competitions, helping out with school competitions and, having, taken over a struggling Badger and Cadet unit in 2000, relaunched Burntwood’s adult unit in 2008, building the total unit up to nearly 100 volunteers at its peak.
Despite suffering a serious loss of vision in early 2012, which means I now requires the assistance of my guide dog, Flora, and having to change my role, I have continued in my effort to ensure that more people know first aid. I have since taken on the role of District Training Officer (DTO) for the County of Staffordshire, and continue as a trainer, assists with the youth when requested and also a member of the Tamworth SJA Fellowship branch.
Back in 2012 my role as unit manager due to the circumstances had to change and I offered to become a DTO in Staffordshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment