Tuesday 29 December 2015

Who has inspired me the most in my role?


Say it with folwers
Burntwood Fellowship entered Burntwood in Bloom competions



The person who has inspired me the most within the organisation's is Margret Coomby I first met Margaret in 1990 when I joined the Sedgley unit.

The first meeting was as if I had known Margret all my life, she was warm and welcoming and introduce me to all her volunteers. I found that Margret had built up the Sedgley unit along with John Kelly to one of the largest volunteer units in the West Midlands.  Whatever Margret asked of every volunteer they were always willing to help her, this shows what a warm kind, generous and hardworking unit manager she was. Margret never got any of her volunteers to undertake any duty that she was not prepared to take herselfe, she was always the first, but always the last to leave a duty.  Every volunteer were given personal challenges to grow within the organisation.  
When I moved back to Burntwood and took on the Burntwood Cadets and Badger unit,  I wanted to run the unit as Margret ran the Sedgley unit that was to be friendly non-clicky and for every volunteer to respect one another and have pride in their own abilities. Thank you Margret for your inspiration and kindness and your very high standers.


No comments:

Post a Comment