Thursday 31 December 2015

If I had my time over again, I would still join St Jon Ambulance




I am here with my Burntwood youth team 2011


Being awarded my Serving Sister 2014 at St John, Chapel London.
SJA Everyday Heroes Volunteer of the Year 2014

Being nominated volunteer of the year was truly amazing that I was chosen to
represent the aims and aspiration of the organisation the evening was electrifying
and the two other finalists within the volunteering section would truly amazing
they both came up and congratulated me and as I was leaving the one young
man came in through his arms around me and gave me the biggest hug and this
moment will last a lifetime.

But One of the proudest moments that I have ever had was when three of my cadets
were coming to a meeting and they stayed and assisted to RTC where they gave first
aid treatments to a gentleman they assisted in getting him onto the air ambulance
helicopter and were given and a commendation by the Staffordshire ambulance
service and were then invited down to London to receive an award. The gentleman
who the three cadets treated came into a service at Chasetown Methodist church to
thank them personally for their bravery and prompt action that saved his life.

In the new year you can make the difference by learning something new.  Being part of
SJA can be so rewarding and for filingl, but remember it takes courage and a steely
determination to commit to this fantastic organisation.



No comments:

Post a Comment